Supervision at a glance
- I’ve provided clinical/therapeutic supervision since 2012
- I’m a qualified and BACP senior accredited supervisor
- Available for qualified and trainee therapists
- External supervision available for other practitioners
- I’m experienced in supervising those working with high risk clients
- I’m experienced in supervising those working with children and adults
- I’m experienced in working with safeguarding issues
- I provide Person Centred/eclectic supervision
- Available face-to-face
- Based in Leeds city centre and Stanningley, Pudsey area
- £50 per 1 hour session, £75 per 1.5 hour session, £100 per 2 hour session
“I like to work in collaboration with supervisees to address all aspects of practice and various issues from the world of therapy. I believe I provide an environment where supervisees can celebrate when things go well, explore what could be done differently and address areas of development.”
How I work
- I hold a Post Graduate Certificate in Person Centred supervision which was awarded to me by Temenos.
- As someone who has received and provided Person Centred counselling and supervision I have seen and experienced the benefits that this way of working can bring.
- I believe that by establishing and maintaining a healthy and collaborative relationship where supervisees can experience the core conditions of empathy, genuineness and acceptance, a safe enough space can be created where various issues relating to client work, practice and professional development can be addressed, discussed and explored in a way that is helpful to the supervisee.
- My role is to work with what the supervisee brings to supervision, in a non-judgemental way that can help develop their practice and help them grow as a counsellor. I believe I can provide the appropriate environment where supervisees can discuss any difficulties they may be experiencing, explore alternative approaches, be open to appropriate challenge and highlight what is going well.
- I believe supervision should provide supervisees with the opportunity to reflect on their practice which includes discussing client work and exploring other appropriate issues relevant to the world of counselling and psychotherapy.
- Supervision is available face to face.
- I am a qualified supervisor
- Since 2010 I have provided supervision to practitioners working with children affected by child sexual exploitation (CSE)
- Since 2012 I have provided supervision to qualified and trainee counsellors
- I am experienced in providing Person Centred and also integrative/eclectic supervision
- I am experienced in supervising those working in schools, colleges, GP surgeries, voluntary sector services and other counselling organisations
- I have significant experience in working with safeguarding issues and supervising those working with vulnerable children and adults
- I am experienced in supervising those counselling clients affected by trauma and expressing suicidal thoughts
- I also provide supervision to practitioners working in other organisations such as youth services, sexual health services, domestic abuse services, children’s charities, CSE services and sexual abuse counselling services